Celestron 9.25" SCT on CGEM II Computerized GoTo EQ Mount
9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on the upgraded CGEM II Equatorial Mount. Celestron has given the highly regarded CGEM system an fresh, eye-catching redesign. The CGEM II now features a more convenient configuration, with dual-style dovetail saddle and longer lock levers, than the previous CGEM mount. Additional new features include a USB 2.0 enabled connection to a PC via the hand controller, Permanent Periodic Error Correction and a port exclusively for autoguiding.
Celestron CGEM II GoTo Equatorial Mount
The Celestron CGEM equatorial mount has been a favorite among astronomers for a long time. But since Celestron is never satisfied, they've given the CGEM a complete makeover inside and out.
Immediately upon seeing the Celestron CGEM II for the first time, one will surely notice its longer lock levers for making adjustments easier and conclude that the CGEM II provides more comfortable usability than the CGEM. Furthermore, a new dual style saddle fits dovetails for either CGEM or CG-5 mounts, enabling nearly any optical tube to be mounted in mere minutes with no adapter involved.
Featuring a substantal load capacity of 40 pounds, the CGEM II is capable of accepting up to an EdgeHD 1100 OTA. It is a robust mount that can be effortlessly broken down into manageable parts for convenient portability to nearby star party sites. Excluding the counterweights and tripod, the Celestron CGEM II weighs in at only 40 pounds, while the tripod, which has also been given an upgrade, weighs only 20 pounds.
The tripod included with the CGEM II features 2" stainless steel legs for rigid stability. It contains calibrated markings on each leg for fast and simple leveling. The spreader bar presses against the legs for added support, while the center of the spreader provides holders for any ancillary eyepieces, making them easy to reach during viewing sessions.
The Celestron CGEM II mount features electronics, either developed for the current or the previous CGEM version, that provides users with an easy way to assemble, operate, and take care of the mount with these inventive elements:
- An All-Star Polar Alignment program is built into the CGEM II for precise polar alignment on every star even if you are unable to observe the celestial pole. A polar finderscope is no longer necessary!
- Tracks past the meridian, providing consistent imaging across the most prime section of the night sky.
- With PPEC, or Permanent Periodic Error Correction, you can train out the periodic error on your worm gears once, and the system will remember the PEC recordings.
- The CGEM II has the capability of slewing at 5 degrees per second for getting you to your desired destination fast!
- A USB 2.0 port is located at the bottom of the NexStar GoTo hand controller for upgrading the firmware of the controller as well as the mount, and for connecting straight to a PC via ASCOM compliant software.
- A built-in celestial database permits up to 100 user-selected objects and allows you to investigate over 40,000 stars, planets, star clusters, nebulae, galaxies and more with merely the touch of a button! Detailed information is provided for 200 of the night sky's best objects.
Celestron CGEM II Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 40 lb.
- Hand Controller Included: Yes, NexStar
- Objects in Database: 40,000
- Latitude Range: 15 - 70 degrees
- Mount Slew Speeds: Up to 5 Degrees per Second
- GPS? No, but accepts GPS Accessory
- PPEC? Yes
- Mounting Style: Vixen or Losmandy Dovetail Plate via Included Dual Saddle Plate
- Includes Counterweights: Yes, one 17 lb.
- Tripod: 2 Diameter Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Weight: 20 lb.
- Mount Weight: 40 lb.
Celestron 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
The Celestron 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope sports an aluminum optical tube design with Celestron's superior StarBright XLT coatings. Features a focal length of 2350 mm (f/10) for premium, high-contrast views and high magnification capabilities.
Celestron C925 SCT Optical Tube Features:
- 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain, 2350 mm focal length (f/10) Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- The Celestron C925 comes with a Celestron 1.25" star diagonal and a 6x30 finder
- Includes 2 year warranty
|Telescope Series||Celestron CGEM II|
|Telescope Optical Design||Schmidt-Cassegrain|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/10|
|Telescope Focal Length (mm)||2350|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34x|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555x|
|Light-Gathering Power Compared to Human Eye||1127x|
|Includes Telescope Mount?||Yes|
|Telescope Counterweights Included||1@ 17 lb. and 1 @ 11 lb. Counterweight|
|Telescope Tripod Included?||Yes|
|Diagonal Included?||Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included?||Yes - 1 Eyepiece Included|
|Finder Included?||Yes - 6 x 30 Finder Included|
|Focuser Style||Internal Moving Primary|
|Focuser Size||Internal Focuser with 1.25" Rear Cell Adapter|
|Focuser Speed||Single Speed|
|Telescope Mount Type||Equatorial|
|Telescope Mount Weight Capacity (lb.)||40|
|Telescope OTA Length (in.)||22|
|Telescope OTA Weight (lb.)||20|
|Telescope Mount Weight (lb.)||40|
|Telescope Tripod Weight (lb.)||19.2|
|Telescope Total Weight (lb.)||80|
|Telescope Warranty Period||2 years|